Hawthorn Graduates have…
- Well-formed characters
- They are well-rounded, open, optimistic, joyful, courageous, confident, and resilient
- They possess a rich breadth of knowledge; are inspired by beauty; and are critical thinkers who easily detect fallacies
Hawthorn Graduates are…
- Masters in written and oral communication
- They are adept at transmitting knowledge and ideas; and are proficient in the responsible use of technology.
- Women of integrity and faith
- They understand and actualize their ability to improve their surroundings in and through their daily lives
Thanks to an education that promotes both academic excellence and character formation, Hawthorn girls face the world with creative tenacity, intellectual brilliance, and an uncommon spirit of service to others. A Hawthorn graduate is a confident, compassionate woman whose integrity and wisdom have a positive impact on the world around her. Not only do Hawthorn grads have choice—of scholarships, universities, and volunteer, travel and career opportunities—they have an education of the mind and heart that guides them to choose wisely.
Alexov Class of 2007
Sasha comes from a long-standing Hawthorn family and she is one of 3 Alexov alumni. At Hawthorn, Sasha was the Athletic Council President and Captain of volleyball and basketball teams.
Sasha went on to St. Francis Xavier University (link) and received a double Bachelor Degree in Human Kinetics and Elementary Specialist Education. She is currently working as a Program Coordinator for Physical and Health Education Canada. However, she has several years of teaching experience in the Primary grades, in various summer camps and children’s programs.
Fun fact: Sasha is an archery and canoe instructor!
What do they study?